Home School Education
Home Education is a parent-directed educational option that satisfies the requirement for regular school attendance. Florida Laws protecting home education became effective in 1985. Parents have the freedom to determine their child's educational path and the plan for reaching their goals. Students have the opportunity to explore and learn at their own pace, in any location or at any time. Home education students are able to enter institutions of higher learning and are eligible to participate in the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program.
In order to register for Home Education, the parent or guardian must give written notice to the Assistant Superintendent. The notice of intent to establish and maintain a home education program must include the names, addresses, and birthdates of all children being enrolled and must be signed by the parent or guardian.
Please mail your letter of intent to:
Calhoun County School District
20859 Central Ave. East, Room G-20
Blountstown, FL 32424
If you have further questions, please call or email.
850-674-8733 ext 22
Home School Files
- Home School Enrollment Form - HomeSchool Enrollment Form.pdf (189.9 KBs)
- Home School Frequently Asked Questions - HomeSchool FAQs.pdf (106.2 KBs)
- Home School Evaluation Checklist - Home School Evaluation Checklist.pdf (181.0 KBs)
- Home School Law - HomeSchool Law.pdf (101.4 KBs)
- Bright Futures and Home Education - BFHomeEdManual.pdf (508.8 KBs)